The National Health Fund
National Health Fund (NFZ) - Monitoring Preventive Programs (SIMP)
Details of implementation
A priority is to create in the Central Coordinating Authority (COK) and the Province Coordinating Authority (WOK) a central database of women participating in programs. Fulfilling the tasks of programs shall lead to: the creation of a system that would enable carrying out a many-year, permanent and active screening of breast cancer and cervical cancer in Poland; monitoring patients with detected malignant changes; increasing the number of women participating in prophylactic medical examinations; increasing women’s awareness within the scope of breast cancer and cervical cancer prophylaxis. Carrying out these tasks guarantees a maximum and efficient use of financial resources assigned for prophylaxis in these areas in Poland. On the basis of: web sites of the Ministry of Health (2005) – National Program for fighting against Cancer
The National Health Fund is an institution responsible for public health care on the territory of Poland. The statutory tasks of NFZ as an institution comprised of a Head Office and 16 Province Offices, include i.a.:
- management of financial resources;
- defining quality and availability and analysis of costs of health care services;
- organization of tenders of offers, prognoses and concluding contracts on supplying health care services;
- monitoring the performance of contracts and settling the contracts with parties supplying health care services;
- monitoring medical prescriptions;
- implementation of and financing health care programs;
- introduction of a Central Register of Insured (CWU).
For these tasks the National Health Fund has annually PLN 50 billion, coming mainly from health insurance premiums.